Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Book #38 "The Sugar Queen" by Sarah Addison Allen

Josie Cirrini wakes up to find a woman has moved into her closet. The closet she kept her secret stash of candy, cakes, and romance novels. The closet where she hides from her mother. Her mother who has never forgiven Josie for being a wild child when she was just a little girl. A mother who has made Josie her personal servant and chauffeur, ensuring Josie will have no life of her own.

That is until the woman took up residence in Josie's closet. She pushes Josie into making a new friend, declaring her love for the mailman Josie pines for, and generally learning to live her own life.

"The Sugar Queen" in another magical book from Allen. I love that each character gets a full story, from the woman in the closet to the Cirrini's housekeeper. They all have the touch of magic I love in her books. There are so many wonderful aspects to them that just light up the story. Does it get any better then having books magically find one of the characters? Even a character who is generally unlikable finds happiness in the end.

I don't think I could say I have a favorite of any of the three books Allen has now (can't wait for the fourth, but at least it will be a fine birthday present to myself)I love them all equally. They all will definitely be on my reread list.

No comments:

Post a Comment