Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Book # 3 "Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter" by Lisa Patton

While I enjoyed the story I do have two issues. First, why are men (especially southern men) always such bums. Sheesh, a lot of southern women writers have a problem with men.

This is the story of a southern belle who moves to Vermont to run a bed and breakfast with her husband (this would be the bum I mentioned before). Needless to say things don't go all that well and our heroine learns a lot about herself and grows to be a strong woman(ain't that always the way).

My second issue is the ending, it seemed a little to quick and maybe not the most thought out. It was a case of "I know how I want it to end so let's just make it happen" kind of ending.

Oh and, I totally want book kids. This in one of those books where the kids are there for amusing anecdotes but then are conveniently "in the other room" when not part of the story. Their like soap opera babies. I think I've got to get me some of those.

Mostly, it was a fun read and move me along on my quest. But I don't feel the need to own this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment