Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Book # 15 "Coop: A Family, a Farm, and the Pursuit of One Good Egg" by Michael Perry

I enjoyed this book. There was a little too much graphic detail of pig slaughter and there's only so much farming detail I find interesting but, all in all I enjoyed the story.

Perry has an interesting voice and I took me a while to get into the rhythm and pattern of his writing. His stories of his families lives and history are very touching. He doesn't sugar coat life's difficulties and tragedies.

He and his family live a life I don't think I could live but, I admire the way they live it.

There are truly touching moments as well as funny moments. Most of all there are relate-able moments. Why they live a life I couldn't live but, their life is a life we all know. The ups and downs, the happy and sad, the mundane.

I look forward to reading more of his work and get to know his interesting life even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment