Monday, August 9, 2010

Book # 31 "The Girl Who Chased the Moon" by Sarah Addison Allen

Mullaby, North Carolina is the kind of small southern town that makes my readers heart beat a little faster. Come on, what's not to love? There's the mysterious Coffey family who never venture out at night and their handsome son Win who wants to break free from the family secret. Then there's the lovely Julia who bakes wonderful cakes in the hopes they'll bring back a love she lost long ago. Hoping to repair his past relationship with Julia is Sawyer who has a "sweet sense", the ability to see the sweet scents of Julia's cake. Enter into this Emily Benedict, who's come Mullaby to live with her grandfather, a gentle giant prone to checking the dryer several times a day in a house where the wallpaper can change at anytime.

"The Girl Who Chased the Moon" is now ranked among my favorite books. I just loved everything about it. The mystery and magic jump off the page and pulled my right into the story. I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next. In fact had to stay up till 2 am the second night of reading it to find out what would happen to these wonderful characters. What would happen with Julia and Sawyer? Would they overcome past pain to find true happiness? Would Emily find out about her mother and the reasons she never told Emily about her life in Mullaby?

Everything in this story rung pitch perfect for me. I couldn't wait to finish and then was so sorry it was over. I cared what happened to each of the characters and the magic of Mullaby definitely cast a spell over me.

I'm always excited to find a new to me author and Sarah Addison Allen is a wonderful, enchanting find for me. She is ranking up there with my favorite author Adriana Trigiani. I've added the rest of her books to my "to be read" stack" and, with apologizes to the other authors in my stack, Ms. Allen's books have been moved to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment