Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday Morning

Don’t you just love a good book title? Gosh, there’s just something about a catchy book title that makes me happy. While cruising some of the blogs I read (about reading) I found this title:

“The Improper Life of Bezellia Grove” by Susan Gregg Gilmore

Doesn’t that rock? I have no idea what it’s about. But just hearing the title makes me want to read it. Not just find out about it, read it. It’s funny, earlier this week (10/10/10) to be exact Mental Floss had a top 10 list of alternate books titles to some classic books and it made me think about some books recently I read just because I liked the titles. The previously mentioned “The Financial Lives of the Poets” is one and also “The Girl Who Chased the Moon”. I always assume authors spend a great deal of time choosing a name for their books. I don’t know what I would have thought about “To Kill a Mockingbird” being called “Atticus”. I know it would still be a perfect book and I would probably love the title as much as I love “To Kill a Mockingbird” but it is hard to imagine.

So to all you authors out there. Thanks for putting time in effort into great titles and I can’t wait to read “The Improper Life of Bezellia Grove”

No comments:

Post a Comment